Friday, August 22, 2008

Remembering Special Musical Moments


Music brings many special memories. My musical interest started in second grade when my grandmother taught me to play the piano.

As time progressed, I added the
clarinet to my musical interests so that I could participate in my JHS band. I'm very happy I did, because so many additional memories are now part of my heart. I loved all the instruments and tried to play all the band instruments.

I participated in the borough-wide band in the most awesome year -- we actually performed in Carnegie Hall. What an unbelievable experience I felt when I walked onto the stage and sat down to perform!

Another memory came from my senior year at high school. "The Sting" was a highlight in the movies. So, why not? We decided to perform it at our high school year-end concert. The audience was on fire. What a night!

And a very special memory was created when I was pregnant with my son. I performed one of my favorite piano pieces, Beethoven's Concerto No.5 at Steinway Hall. Who could ask for anything more!

Playing musical instruments bring such cherished memories. I don't know what I would do without these memories.

No comments: